I bid you farewell ~ Robin James Graham (UTS’80)

1796411_10152198913551676_1728973390_n

It has been my privilege to publish the Cornerstone for the last 7 years. I was invited in the spring of 2010 to be president of the Unification Theological Seminary Alumni Association (UTS AA) by the then UTS AA board. As UTS had discontinued its newsletter to the alumni and friends in the latter half of 2007 and seemed to have no plan to re-engage the alumni, I decided that at a minimum a communique of sorts was needed.

With the support of the UTS AA Board chairman, I was able to start a website and the current version of the Cornerstone. The first issues went out in July, 2010. As many start-up bloggers may experience, I had to become familiar with a new online platform and tools. In spite of hiccoughs and a learning curve, I was committed to be consistent. The newsletter came out every week for the next 7 years.

What to include?

Inspirational and informative articles republished from other sources; articles by alumni/ae; the Quote of the Week; the Virtue for the Week (a favorite of mine); videos.

Content continued to appear.

It has been said that working with the UTS alumni is like herding cats (not sheep)…. perhaps that is what makes us such a remarkable collection of people, and a great community.

I bid you farewell.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

10 Comments

1. Ray Presky
    Posted July 22, 2017 at 6:22 am | Permalink

Thanks for the work over the last 7 years. Lots of great information and articles. You did a great job!

• UTS Alumni Association
      Posted July 30, 2017 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

That is good to hear !!

2. j.borer
    Posted July 22, 2017 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Robin,
    Thank you much.
    God bless you.
    Jim

• UTS Alumni Association
      Posted July 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Jim Borer,
      Both you and God bless me abundantly

Robin

3. hgschauff
    Posted July 22, 2017 at 9:53 am | Permalink

Thanks for all the hard work, Robin! All of really appreciate your dedication to this cause, a very useful and inspiring one for all of us. Nice to see you with your lovely family in the pic at the top!

• UTS Alumni Association
      Posted July 30, 2017 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

And I appreciate the UTS Alumni voice that you share, Henri.

4. Theodore Shimmyo
    Posted July 22, 2017 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

I, too, want to show my appreciation for your work, Robin.

• UTS Alumni Association
      Posted July 30, 2017 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

And Dr Shimmyo,
      I greatly welcome your appreciation.

Robin

5. Robert Beebe
    Posted July 22, 2017 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much, Robin, for your dedication to this great work. I have valued so much the many articles you have published through this site. I wish you and your family well in all your endeavors. I hope that one day someone, sadly it cannot be me, will pick up your mantle and carry it forth. God bless!

• UTS Alumni Association
      Posted July 30, 2017 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Robert,

It has been a valuable lesson for me to publish the Cornerstone.
      I have been working on my virtue(s).
      I want to live a life of INTEGRITY.
      The religious culture that has surrounded me for the last 40 years has not been a model of consistency, so I chose to be CONSISTENT. As everyone knows it is never easy to promise to do something (even quietly to oneself and hold oneself accountable) but I have published for 7 years, every week rain or shine.. an occasional technology hiccough aside.
      If there is a need then someone will emerge to “carry the mantle”. I am moving on to even more challenging tasks.

Robin